Why Having Twins Rocks!
Why Having Twins Rocks!
1) It may be two times the laundry, but its two times the love.
2) People always hold doors for you, which sometimes they don’t do with one baby. (Not only do I remember, but I’ve experimented. 😀 )
3) Everybody admires your ability to maneuver those big ‘limo-like’ strollers around, seemingly with ease. I’ve even perfected the art of holding 2 babies AND navigating a double stroller at the same time. Sometimes I think I should just leave it at home. They hate staying inside of it now.
4) People praise your parenting skills. ‘I don’t know how you do it!’ ‘You’re amazing.’ Why thank you! 😀
You wear a cape. You are super mom.
5) It’s easy to make friends with super cute twins in tow. This goes for moms and siblings to, not just the twins themselves.
6) One birthday for two children. I think combined is better then birthdays spread out throughout the year. Save up, then squander in one shot. I think it’s a money saver, at least for a very long while, if not for always.
7) Yes, it is one pregnancy for two children, (or two for the price of one. A statement that has gotten SO old to me). But I won’t lie, it’s not as easy as some may think, especially in the final quarter. However, mine went much better then I expected, and I’d repeat it again, with just a lot less worry.
*Oh and it’s not 2 for the price of 1 literally. I got the hospital bill..it’s more. 😆 *
8) Your twins will never be alone. Even when they fight, they also play and will be friends for life. I love the thought of that. All the twins I have met are so close. Closer then they are with their other siblings.
9) If you only wanted two children to start with, then BANG ZOOM you are done!
10) They sometimes bring with them discounts on certain items. Not as many as maybe are deserved, but in this economy we’ll take all the perks , freebies, and discounts we can get.
11) Twins turn you into an instant celebrity. Watch out though. You may not be signing autographs, but the stories you hear will take even longer then signing your siggy.
12) They are at the same stage and phase at the same exact time. They play with the same toys and usually like the same things, at least for awhile. Especially same sex twins, who might continue with similar interests for a number of years.
13) You get the hormonal teenage years over with in one shot. Plus, they can help each other deal with certain issues, especially if they are same sex twins. Things that pop up during tween and teenage-hood that make moms and dads cringe, may be tolerable now. You may just get a bit of a break, as they’ll be helping eachother out likely.
14) The double snap and go for the early months. Moms, need I say more?
15) Its an amazing calorie burning workout for YOU during toddler hood. Who needs the gym? $0 down/$0 a month. Fitness made free!
16) Same sex twins can certainly share each other’s clothes and shoes, unless you got one big foot like I do. 😯
17) Your arm muscles are asymmetrically toned. Not one wimpy arm and one built arm. No need for lifting weights while lifting twinfants and toddlers.
18) They are specially bonded like no other two siblings, and may even have a special language between them. A unique relationship is guaranteed.
19) Having two tots fighting for a spot on your lap is an amazing feeling. I always feel double loved and twice as special.
21) They’ll both start school at the same time. A perk to those not having any more babies. No wait for the next child to go though those years again. I’ll miss them dearly, but I’ll finally have time to get some cleaning done.
22) Two glowing,smiling faces looking up at you every morning. That sight simply can not be beat.
23) Seeing my twins holding hands, giving each other kisses, and showing love. Even if a slap in the mug shortly follows. The tender moments make every bit of the chaos worthwhile.
24) Having twins forces you to become organized and scheduled. I’m honestly liking the new Shelly I have become since the girls have blessed our home. It was a long time coming, my husband would say 😀 .
25) Saying ‘I’m sorry I couldn’t get to it. I have twins’, makes a great excuse that people will always understand. You can easily get out of things to. People don’t ask as many questions because they respect what you do, and can’t imagine doing it themselves.
26) Two parents.. two babies. ‘Honey here is your pooper for the day, take her.’ (When he’s at home, of course.) You get to share the duties and the dooties. It forces husbands to get more involved having two babies, and become more hands on, if you will. Even those lazier dads.
27) Seeing them play games with one another. Ring Around The Rosy, and Hide And Seek to name a couple. It warms the old ticker.
28) Having twins has taught me how to budget my money better, which is helpful as I used to be so bad at that. They are actually saving me money. Ha ha. Who knew?
29) You are never bored, that’s for sure. One baby seems so easy. Honestly, too easy. If I go out with one, I feel like something is missing. I prefer taking out two. Go figure. I love showing them off to, I’ll admit to that.
30) You can dress them alike or coordinate them so they look completely adorable whether boys, girls, or boy/girl pairs.
31) Watching two tiny human beings who came from your belly at the same time, and are the exact same age, be so very different personality wise. (Looks wise sometimes to, as is in my set.) I know it intrigues me every day just to watch them. It’s an indescribable experience.
32) Two times the joy. I never imagined this as true as it is, before they were here.
33) Two times the school projects brought home to mommy to warm her heart.
34) I know I feel like part of an elite club for the first time in my life. I’ll admit I suck it up! Every last drop of it. Having twins IS a special thing. You should be proud of them AND of yourself!
35) Twins learn to have to share attention, and are more patient, and turn out more independent and less spoiled because hey, we only have so many hands. Someone has got to wait, and I love this aspect of things.
36) Twins are 2 children in the world that look and act just like you and your spouse, to help mold the world and change it for the better. The possibilities for those twin lives are limitless!
37) Two twin adults to push two rickety parents’ wheelchairs when we all grow old and grey. Hey, we will need some extra hands to return the favor of being ‘hands on’ for them, in past years. It’s the circle of life you know.
38) They are just so stinkin’ adorable!
Having twins rocks. Feel free to add to my list!
Thanks for reading.
(I know you’re busy, but comments are very appreciated. I know it’s easy to read and leave, but I love the love & will return the favor.)