Why Birthdays Suck!
Why Birthdays Suck!
The twins are 17 months & 2 days old. WHY, WHY, WHY?? This is getting way too close to 2 for comfort! (At least at 2 there are no complaints birthday wise, but mama ain’t ready!)
1) You always end up finishing up the left over birthday cake. (Who needed those extra 60,000 calories?)
2) You have to replenish your resources. AKA your broke!
3) You have to clean up all of the wrapping paper. There still winds up being a piece or two left on the floor that you find several days later.
4) The words ‘thank you’ have gotten lost in the last generation. The paper is hardly off before moving on to another gift. Did you even see what that was? This goes for Christmas to.
5) ‘I’m another year older, I want to be able to do something new. I’m so grown up now.’ You’re a baby still, shut up!
6) You are forced to open up and play with EVERYTHING all in one night when all you want to do is finally relax. Of course, a thousand tiny pieces are involved. ‘Why did I buy this again? Oh yeah for them to play alone..HA!’
7) Somebody surely spills something nasty on the carpet that never fully comes out of it.
8) Cloudy skies and rain. It usually always rains on my birthday, and it rained on my daughters to. Has my bad luck rubbed off on my children? It’s just kind of expected now.
9) Mom does absolutely everything. Where is dad during cleaning time? Nowhere near, that’s for damn sure.
10) Time to admit to yourself that your birthday also is creeping near.
11) You have to pull a sticky gift bow out of the family dog’s hair. How’d it get stuck like that?
12) There’s always another birthday trailing right behind it. Come on now. How does one truly replenish the ‘cash stash’ with all of these holidays? Seriously.
Birthdays are NO fun for moms..only children.
(Hard to remember a time when they once were for us, isn’t it? Oh yeah when you didn’t have to clean up or give your wallet away to somebody else. A long, long, long, long time ago. )
Just ranting this morning. I hope everybody is well.