Got Twins? Need Car Seats! Graco SnugRide 35 Review.
Got Twins? Need Car Seats! Graco SnugRide 35 Review.
The twins are 15 months & 1 week old.
The twins are happy in their Graco SnugRides!
One of the absolute most important investments you will make in your child’s young life will the car seat that you buy. Does that sound dramatic? Maybe so, but it’s an important purchase that most people need to put a lot more thought into before buying.
Here I have done the work for you, as I am the proud owner of 2 Graco SnugRide 35′s, and I must say that Graco lives up to their name in these fabulous seats.
I have the Lilly print, which is an adorable pattern for girls though there are others as pictured below and then some. At the time I really had to hunt this pretty pattern down, but now it’s available for sale on Amazon at a fair price!
View SnugRide 35′s HERE at terrific prices!
What makes these car seats so special? Well, first off let’s just say I have been using these seats for 15 months now. You read right…15 months, and I think we’ll get about 2 or 3 more months out of them. Who knows perhaps more. No other car seat would have held my precious twincesses for this long.
It’s deeper, a bit wider but not too much, and is still capable of fitting into the ever important snap and go and double snap and go’s for moms of twins who want and need convenience more then anybody else on the planet. There’s no problem there.
The ’35′ part of the name means that it can fit a child up to 35 lbs and 32 inches. Possibly a tad more in the inches department. It’s still a great deal more then your ‘average seat.’
Granted who the heck would want to walk around with 70 lbs. of baby tugging at their arms, and I knew that we would never go that far, but it made me feel good knowing that they would be able to use it for longer, stay rear facing for at least that ever important 1st year, and would be much more comfortable then the other models on the market. This is a luxury seat, without the luxury price.
I have had 3 other kids in car seats, none have lasted this long. None were as cozy and comfortable for baby. They got squished in them far sooner then this. Graco has come a long way since my 1st purchase 16 years ago, let me say that.
I had been looking at the Britax, Combi, Perego, Baby trend, and other seats while stilll pregnant, and this one just blew the more expensive seats out of the water. I was at Buy Buy Baby and scouring the Internet for months before deciding on this seat, so you know if you choose this, you to will be choosing well.
If you have a baby or twins on the large side, you may not get very long out of your infant carrier car seats, which means changing to front facing ‘big kid’ seats often before that year because they just aren’t comfortable and their feet are hitting the back of your car seats, and you just can’t wait any longer, despite the recommendation of rear facing for 12 months.
I will say from memory that none of my other children lasted 12 months in their seats, and they were not large children. 9 months was the limit for us. The second best car seat we had aside from these was the Peg Perego. the model from 5 years ago for my daughter. That lasted us about 9 and 1/2 months, however, this Graco still beats out despite the lower price tag.
Some of the terrific features of the Graco SnugRide 35:
1) Memory foam padding underneath for your baby(ies) complete and total comfort.
2) Easily adjustable 5 point safety harness.
3) Easy to use car latch system.
4) Fits baby way longer then the shallower, narrow seats.
5) Fits in a standard snap and go frame, also fits in the car seat adaptors made for specific strollers, and is compatible with most travel systems.
6) Meets and exceeds US safety standards.
7) Nicely padded with a soft inner shell. All top materials for baby’s comfort.
8) 180° Rotating Canopy with peek-a-boo window helps shade your child from any direction.
9) Stay in car base with seat belt lock-off and adjustment dial to help ensure correct and proper installation. Rear for a year is easy, with the SnugRide 35. The car seat for maximum comfort, and maximum style!
10) Removable, soft, plush, head rest for newborns and small babies.
11) Fits babies from 5-35 lbs. It says up to 32 inches, but you possibly can squeeze out an extra inch there.
12) Self supporting canopy frame. You can easily adjust it to whatever position desired to keep sun and wind out of baby’s face.
13) Features an extra handle position. You’ll appreciate this when you are using the seat. Most seats only have 2 position handles. This seat features 3.
14) Non slip rubber base on the bottom of the car seat.
15) The solid reputation of quality and safety that the Graco name carries.
16) Only a bit more expensive then the models that go to only 22 pounds. The difference is not astronomical. You do get what you pay for!
17) The quality of the entire seat and all of the features are top notch.
18) Adorable prints as featured below:
Cons of the 35.
My now 15 month old likes to pull the canopy down and I often find that I need to remove it, as playing with it she finds very funny, especially while I’m driving, which worries me. Sort of wish the canopies were welded on or something.
This isn’t really Graco’s fault at all, just noting. Likely, she would and could do this with any canopy on the market. Guess its a good thing actually, that I can remove it.
1) Heavier then the smaller seats.
How could it not be though? Granted to make a wider, deeper, seat it really has to be a little bit heavier. I happen to not notice the difference. I adore these seats for my twins, and the extra weight isn’t noticeable enough to me, to have deterred me from buying them. At 15 months I still carry them myself. Yes, it may build arm muscle, but you won’t have to work out that area of your body.
This con is blown away by all of the pros and other amazing features of these seats. I have zero regrets about my purchase choice. It was the best one for me, my twins, and our family. I highly recommend the Graco SnugRide 35 to a friend, and my readers.
It’s a great purchase, makes life with twins just a little bit easier, which what multiple mommy wouldn’t want that? Very importantly, it keeps babies comfy, very safe, and makes moms happy. The longer they are able to be taken out of the car in these bucket type seats..the better! I 100% stand behind the Graco SnugRide 35!
The Lilly print….My personal fave for girls. Rittenhouse is my second & works for both sexes. Click on the pink link above to see them ALL!
Twinpossible rates the Graco SnugRide 35…4.75 stars! A nearly perfect score!
Thanks for reading.