Things People Say
Things People Say (If You Need A Good Chuckle)
*Favorite things (That get annoying over time) that people say & also the gutsy things, you’d never ask, but yet some people do. Soley for ‘Multiple mommy, joking purposes only.’*
1) ARE THEY TWINS? No, I had one baby and a few weeks later, I thought, what the hell, let me just pop out this second baby, to keep the other company. No need for any 9 months in between, HEHE, this one ALWAYS gets me. Maybe someone out there has adopted two newborns at the same time, who were not twins, but if it were me, I’d think it safe to assume they are a duo package. 🙂
2) Are they girls or boys? Let me see, what exactly is throwing you off here. the pink car seats they are in? The frilly, little headbands, or barrettes. Or possibly could it be, the pretty pink dresses? If they were boys, they’d have some severe transgender issues:) (I guess I’d be the one with the issues, since they are so young, and I’m the mother), HA!
3) Are you sure those babies are yours? You couldn’t have had them? As flattering as it may be, to bounce back nicely after having twins, to hear this one, no new mother wants to hear this one over and over, and then over and over again. It gets old, and besides, I’m pretty dang sure I did birth these babies, and they are mine, but to be perfectly certain, let me go back to the video tape, 7 photo albums, just in case. I’d hate to think I might be on the lamb for kidnapping, and not even know it. A major mental block perhaps.
4) Are they natural, or did you need help? This one is quite a ballsy question to be asked, but rest assured, if you are pregnant with twins, or a new mom of them, you WILL come across it, and often.
Whelp, I don’t really know the difference between a ‘natural baby’ and an ‘unnatural one’, please enlighten me, are some artificially sweetened? SERIOUSLY, who’s business is that anyhow. And yes, to have even one baby, you need the willing help of your husband, so naturally, DUH, with two, you needed help also. The days of immaculate conception are long over. I’m just gonna start saying, I’m naturally blessed, thanks to the help of the Lord. Really, I just never could think of asking someone such questions. Think before you speak people!! (Don’t worry in person I’m super duper, too nice, that is why my vent is here:)
5) I hope you have a lot of help. Well, I have a pretty great husband, I must say,, but I don’t have a circle of nannies and baby nurses, if that is what you mean. My family made clear, good luck with them, but heck you are on your own, but I’m 34 yrs old and with my family, I was on my own since childhood basically, so no real difference there. I have the help of hubby and xanax, and that’s all I need, HAHA (serious about the hubby, not the xanax, but I’m sure to most that one would be quite believable). I certainly wouldn’t blame anybody, he he
6) Are they identical? Whelp, let me see, what might cause the confusion there. Is it the fact that one is about a pound larger, with lighter skin, different colored eyes, a huge crop of dark hair, a mostly different facial structure, and the other, is on the skinny side, bald, darker complected, lighter colored sparse hair. I dress them alike, that’s the closest they come to being identical.
7) Now you have to try and have a baby boy for your husband. Um, though he’s not the father of the two boys I already had when we met, I think it also takes some guts to assume that you NEED to have the opposite sex, after being blessed with several of the same. I heard it after 2 boys, how I needed a girl, but I was still young. Now I’m always hearing, I need to give my husband a son of his own. Ok, who is gonna be having it exactly? HA. But seriously, all kidding aside, guess what everybody? He’s PERFECTLY thrilled with the family he has, and that statement just makes me laugh my butt off. Would you ask a new mom with baby twins, much less the others, when she might be going for another? I know I certainly wouldn’t. NOPE we are done, unless something fails in a major way, and if so, it’s meant to be, but yes we are done. we don’t need another son to feel complete. I don’t know why people assume such things.
8) You must have a lot of patience…well I wasn’t born with it, but somehow, thankfully acquired some along the way. Thank you.
9) God bless you. YES, he most certainly did.
10) Were you trying to have twins? I think any mom who has already had a previous child or children, is certainly not TRYING to go and have twins, and very few people, try to have twins regardless, though I’m sure there are a few. But of course not. What does that mean really anyhow. did we do it twice in one night? Whelp in all honesty, we did it 3 times, so I guess with that kind of logic, I could have been risking triplets there, and really dogged a bullet, *smile*. PEOPLE.
11) What are you having, or what are the twins? two girls..HA, your poor poor husband. UMM why? My mom had two and I turned out the best out of us, boy/girl, not greedy, not a drama queen, I didn’t suck my parents every last dime out of them, nor did they have to pay for any fancy wedding, designer clothes, or sweet 16’s. I didn’t have one. Why do people act like one is cursed to have multiple girls in the family and due for some major trouble down the line. I’ve seen boys that were insane and girls that were insane and vise versa. Girls that were sweet and wonderful, and boys that were also, it’s how they are raised, and depends on the personality of the individual nature of the child, and this can’t be predicted by sex.
Granted I believe little girls tend to be more expensive with all the cute little clothing out there for them, and matching accessories, but I’m very proud and happy to be a mom of 3 beautiful daughters. it’s certainly no curse, though I will agree with the hubby needs 3 shot guns thing. Boys, girls, it makes no matter….he was losing his hair anyhow. The female hormones running rampant through the home, have not been responsible for that.
12) Do you breast feed them? No, I didn’t think my tiny tata’s could do the job. Just kidding they aren’t so tiny, but for me personally, I’d think you need awfully mighty jugs, to carry out such a task, and I don’t feel mine are quite that mighty. (just kidding, the body is an amazing thing, so is breast feeding), but honestly, without joking here for a split second, I just had a hard enough time with one, so decided not to, as a personal choice, but what kind of question is that for some stranger person to ask, just ludicrous! When a guy asks this, you know he’s got some serious sexual issues. run REALLY fast, if that happens to you. He must have some type of fetish for sure. Breastfeeding is a beautiful thing, but a personal one, so I don’t believe this sort of questioning, by strangers, even non strangers, is very appropriate, but this is my own opinion.
13) Wow that must be expensive? Not nearly as expensive as my ebay addiction used to be, I could have had quadruplets on the amounts of money I was dropping back then, and I certainly, get way way more out of this, then I did, with all those bins full of new clothing, that still take up my attic, basement and garage space. YES of course having two babies at once, especially not breastfeeding is pricey, but what in life isn’t? The joy far outweighs the costs
14) Are they from IVF? No you are IVF- an ignorant, very nosey, f*ck. (Pardon my french). I’d never say this mind you, I’m just spitting out what comes into my mind, when asked such personal things, just so you know, I’m far from evil, I always just answer the questions, but I just wonder where people get their nerve from, and what difference does it make honestly? Are they doing a research project on twins conceived naturally vs. with assistance. Highly doubtful.
15) Better you then me. Admittedly something I used to think to myself, but would never dare say aloud, when I saw multiple mommies, especially with other children in tow, but now? I say ABSOLUTELY 100% YES..BETTER ME, THEN YOU:)
16) Do Twins Run In Your Family? Nope, but soon enough, they will be! 😆
That’s all for now folks, read my blog, comment, check out my pics, shop, have fun, and bless you all! Multiples are AMAZING, and so are the mommies chosen to have them.
See ya later!