60 Great Topics To Blog About
60 Great Topics To Blog About
The twinderellas are 4 years & 1 month old 😯 .
Are you a new blogger? Or perhaps you are a blogger who has been around awhile but are feeling like things are getting a bit ‘stale’ in the idea apartment. No worries there. My mind is always working, and I would love to help you dust off the cobwebs and get you those views with interesting, funny and inviting topics that people enjoy reading about.
1) Product reviews.
People love real feedback on an item before they purchase it. You could be that one person that would make them buy or NOT buy a particular product.
2) Explore your niche thoroughly.
Whatever it is cover it in interesting ways, one idea and one post at a time.
3) Write about controversial topics that get people heated (hence talking).
4) Write a post about yourself.
Example: ”50 things you do not know about me.”
5) Conduct polls on hot topics.
6) Write about interesting news and current events in the media.
7) Celebrity talk.
People can’t get enough of celebs, for one reason or another 😀 .
8 ) Share your bucket list with others.
I have gotten over 9 million views on that post thus far, so I know people find it interesting.
9) Run a contest on your blog.
10) Contact companies and host a giveaway on your blog.
Who doesn’t love the chance to win free stuff?
11) Post funny and/or interesting photographs.
12) Talk about problems you have conquered and how you have overcome them.
There is always someone out there who will be inspired and will relate.
13) Explore hot button topics that some bloggers dare not venture into.
14) Write a blogging 101 tips article.
(Once you’ve been around a while.)
15) Create a list.
You Tube video ideas, blogging subject ideas like this one, etc. etc. People like easy to read and understand posts in a list format.
16) Write about your fave blog and maybe the best post ever written within that blog.
17) Feature a guest blogger on your own site.
Draw in quality content from others, and it will help you out in return.
18) Create a how-to post to show off your know how.
19) Tutorials and more tutorials.
This goes hand in hand with the last idea on the list. Create a tutorial for your how-to idea(s).
20) Share your most memorable childhood memories.
21) Talk about yourself.
You may not find yourself very interesting, but many other people will. Use humor and wit to reel readers in and hold their interest.
22) Blog about something you are willing to go without and ask others to join you in giving up one thing for a certain amount of time.
23) Explain an important, specific goal you have and steps you will take to achieve it.
You might just inspire others.
24) Talk pets!
People can’t get enough of their furbabies and love watching videos of yours and hearing stories about them on your blog.
25) Talk about social networking.
Give out tips for newbies, as many people are foreign to this ever-growing trend that isn’t going anywhere for a very VERY long time. Your advice can really help them out.
26) Talk about the future.
Maybe the future of the world, where you would like to be in the decades to come, maybe write a future letter for your children. Get creative.
27) Share family photos and stories.
Let people get to know all about you and your clan. You may think that others won’t find it interesting, but you would be very wrong.
28) Discuss your pet peeves.
Write a list if you wish.
29) Discuss the best books you’ve read, movies you’ve seen, articles that inspired you or made you laugh.
30) Link to articles of interest. Particularly ones in your niche or close enough.
31) Write some poetry.
32) Re-explore a past, popular post of yours.
Breathe some new life into it. You can update to, if applicable.
33) Give up something publicly.
Fatty foods, wine, television, your 10 cups of coffee a day, etc.
34) Share recipes with others.
35) Blast from the past posts.
Go back to high school and discuss how something or someone changed your life once upon a time.
36) If you could have dinner with one person, who would it be? If you could go to heaven and spend the day with one of your lost loved ones, who would it be? If you could spend the night with one celeb, who would you pick 😉 ?
37) Share your most embarrassing and/or awkward moments in life.
38) Write your own obituary and/or eulogy.
It sounds morbid as all hell, but people will enjoy reading it.
39) Talk bad habits (we all have them) and ways to give them up.
40) Make a do-it-yourself post.
A step by step guide to something that may be of interest to other people. How to make a certain craft, build a beautiful scrapbook, build a bookcase, how to make and decorate a specialty birthday cake & much more.
41) Share a secret or secrets about something that nobody else knows about you.
42) Top 5, top 10, etc. type of lists.
(Ex. top 10 toys, top 10 fears, top 5 ways to lose weight, your top 5 favorite designer brands, etc.)
43) Write a no way bucket list.
Things you don’t ever want to try and do before you die.
44) Talk about what you are afraid of and why.
45) Openly share about things that make you angry.
Go ahead and rant away. Somebody WILL listen.
46) Write of list of things to avoid being bored.
This includes activities to keep yourself sane and/or your family happy on weekends and vacations, etc.
47) Share your expertise on whatever the topic may be.
If you know a lot about something, share your intelligence and insight with the world.
48) Do a question & answer (Q&A) post on any subject you feel like doing so with.
49) Write about what inspired you to first create your blog and where you expect to be in the years to come.
50) Write about how your blog got its name.
51) Interview someone on your blog.
52) Write a fictional short story.
53) Tell jokes and really funny stories with jokes inside of them. People love to laugh.
Add funny pictures with captions to. You will have them rolling on the floor. They will come back to visit your blog again.
54) Become a myth-buster.
De-bunk past theories and ideas and blow them out of the water.
55) Share tips on making money with your blog.
For example: I make around $900 a month on mine. I can explain what I do and how I plan to grow in the future and how to do so. Many blogs make little to no money. People really would love to know what to do to make it a true job with a real income, not just writing. (Though I personally do love to write.)
56) Write a pro and con list about something of personal and/or public interest.
It will reach out to someone, no doubt.
57) If you won the lottery, what would you do with all of the money? Explain.
58) Share amusing stories about your children.
59) Talk holidays.
(At the right time of year, of course.)
April Fool’s Day pranks, Christmas gift ideas, Thanksgiving recipes, losing weight after New Years, Easter egg making, etc.
60) Share stories about your relationship.
Where did you meet your spouse? What was the most romantic thing he or she ever did for you, gift they gave you, etc. etc.
I also just want to add, DO NOT get bummed by lack of comments on your blog posts. I used to do this myself until I saw my analytics and saw that many, many people were reading my posts. It’s easy to get dismayed and even give up. But think of how many times you read things online and never leave comments. Like 99.999% of the time right? I know it is true for me.
Know that people are reading, even if you don’t get 20 comments a day on your posts. It doesn’t mean squat! Keep on going strong, and if anybody cares to add to this list of ideas…bring them on. People will be watching!
Be happy and keep writing!